Tuesday 3 January 2012

Discarded at 35,000 feet

I always love it when I get these sort of press releases.

This from Virgin Airlines


The literary works of Lord Alan Sugar, Paul Gascoigne and Katie Price were the most readily discarded reads at 35,000 feet a new study revealed today.

 A survey of Virgin Atlantic’s cabin crew over the festive period left Lord Sugar’s opinionated autobiography The Way I See It: Rants, Revelations and Rules For Life topping the charts as the book passengers left behind in their seat back pocket.

 In second place is Glorious: My World, Football and Me which offers an insight into the mind of Gazza, one of the world’s greatest footballers whereas glamour model and entrepreneur Katie Price made third place with her seventh novel, Santa Baby.

Virgin Atlantic’s President, Sir Richard Branson was also amoungst the authors whose books were left behind on Virgin Atlantic aircraft as his latest book Screw Business as Usual made eighth place.

 Virgin Atlantic’s top ten list of books left behind on board its aircraft over the Christmas period:

1) The Way I See it: Rants, Revelations and Rules For Life by Lord Alan Sugar
2) Glorious: My World, Football and Me byPaul Gascoigne
3) Santa Baby by Katie Price
4) The World of Downton Abbey
5) I Heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk
6) Twisting my Melon by Shaun Ryder
7) May I have your attention please? by James Corden
8) Screw Business as Usual by Sir Richard Branson
9) An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington
10) The Help by Kathryn Stockett

No comments: