Sunday 25 May 2008

How there is life after politics and prison.


If anyone has been following the exploits of Jeffrey Archer on his blog,you will know that the former Tory party chairman and one time perjurer has been busy on his travels around India.

Here are some of the highlights

After a quick turn around at my hotel (where my suite was larger than a cricket pitch) I went off to a lunch arranged by Lokesh Sharma; a wonderful occasion and such a variety of guests, including Nawab of Pataudi who was up at Baliol and captain of cricket just before I was presidet of athletics.


I was rushed off to a bookstore on the outskirts of Delhi to find 700 people waiting for me. After I'd given a talk, the signing session lasted two and a half hours - and the only reason I escaped was because they ran out of books


Back in Delhi and straight to the NDTV studios. Sonia Singh interviewed me in front of a hundred young Indians, and their questions were to the point and very demanding. I don't think India need worry about its next generation.


and finally

Yesterday evening I had a marvellous dinner with 100 guests from the world of entertainment, politics and business. Among them was Mr Krishna Kumar, the man who was responsible for taking over Corus Steel, Jaguar, Landrover and Tetley tea. Mr Kumar's fascinating tale of the bidding process between him and the Brazilians locked away in separate rooms is worthy of a short story in its own right. Failed for the fifth night in a row to get to bed before midnight


Who says Crime doesn't pay?

No comments: